Sunday, February 7, 2010

Starting over, starting my blog.

Hi there,


For the sake of myself, my family and...gulp...the man that I still hesitantly love, I am going to remain anonymous and do my very best to not divulge any names and/or personal information on this blog.


I am starting this blog because I am beginning a scary journey, and I regret to think that there are many other women (and possibly men as well) that have been down this road, are going down this road, and many that will later find this blog helpful as they too begin the same journey.


Unfortunately, I believe it is all too common for military spouses to experience what I have experienced, and no doubt will continue to experience for some time. It saddens me to think that this is a realization, but I hope that this blog can be of help to another individual out there...and I hope that someone may come by this blog one day and perhaps be able to offer me some words of wisdom and words of encouragement along the way...Lord knows I could use them!!!


So let me get to the point. After five years of marriage, one child, two deployments to Iraq, a move abroad, and many lonely nights, I find myself in the midst of a divorce from my military husband. The reasons are many, but the questions are even more. I never thought we would become a statistic, but that is what we are now. We are just another military marriage that didn't work out, for one reason or another. I truely believed in my heart that he and I could make it through anything. My love for him was strong, and I had no reason to believe that his was any less.


THE BEGINNING:


We had dated for over two years when we said our vows before family, friends and most importantly God. At the time, he was not yet in the military, but had served perviously. It was 2005, and he simply could not find a job that would support our simple life. I was in school full-time and only one semester away from my degree. A history of narcotics use had plagued our relationship; so when he came to me and said he wanted to join the military for the betterment of himself and our family, I could not argue.

No comments:

Post a Comment