Sunday, February 7, 2010

And so it goes...

And so my story begins; two weeks after we said our vows, I watched my husband get in a van behind the Army recruiter office. I sat in my Jeep and watched him get in the van; he sat next to a window, and I watched as they drove away...

I felt like a part of me was vanishing into thin air; I felt a huge empty spot in my heart that day. As I drove the 45 minute drive back to our two bedroom apartment, there was not a single moment that I was not crying. When I got home, it was so solemn and quiet. Everything was a reminder of my missing half: his clothes still hanging in our closet, his cup sitting on the kitchen table, his shoes lined up by the front door, his shampoo and bar of soap in the shower. It was a long time before I got used to not having him around....

He had left for Kentucky, where he was going through AIT. It would be weeks before I was able to see him at family weekend; I never knew when or if I would receive a phone call, so I kept the phone next to me at all times. The phone became my sidekick; it went to bed with me at night, it went to the bathroom with me, even sat next to the tub while I showered or bathed. The phone calls were always short, but we never hung up without telling one another how much we missed eachother and loved eachother.

I missed him......I truely missed him......and I knew beyond a reasonable doubt that my love for him was never ending.

1 comment:

  1. Dear my "anonymous" friend...
    I love you dearly, I'm proud of you for doing this for yourself, it will make you a stronger person, be very painful at times but it's good for you to not let those emotions stay bottled up.
    Just know that you are an amazing friend and mother... and one day you'll have the chance to show a man who deserves the chance, that you are an amazing wife.
    I know how difficult divorce can be, but no matter how much it hurts, life DOES go on, and tomorrow is always a new day...
    Please call or email when you need to chat.
    Hugs to you and the kiddo...

    ReplyDelete